Info for potential Sustainable Papakura Market Stall Holders
what is the process
If you think you might like to be stall holder at our market you can contact us directly to discuss your ideas using the contact form below
New Stallholders are always welcome, we have plenty of room. Especially - we are on the lookout for fruit/veg, plants etc, and uniquely eco-friendly products.
Fundraising/Awareness raising opportunities exist for Community Groups, Schools etc who can book a free stall with us (as long as they do not fund raise with food)
There is also some basic information provided below that you should read before going ahead with the contact form.
We look forward to hearing from you
What to bring
- Your products. In some way they need to meet the sustainability criteria: minimizing waste and/or reducing the drain on the environment. Upcycled, recycled, reused; recyclable, reusable, up-cycled?
- Your own table/s and a chair
- Sense of humour. Yes sometimes it does get quiet, but we all still have fun.
- Perseverance, We have learned that the more often you have a stall at a market the more customers you will get over time - people remember you and will come back specifically to see you
what not to bring
- Any food items to sell that would compete with the food being sold at the Twilight Cafe.
- Plastic packaging - if you need paper bags please let us know and we can provide you with some - we are endeavoring to be a plastic free market (we do understand that some vulnerable stock may need to be in plastic - perhaps have some display items in plastic and the rest held separate for sales without plastic)
The foyer of the Edmund Hillary Library Papakura - you can park in the parking building on the ground floor and use the lifts to get up to the third floor - please be mindful of other users of the lifts
- Set up time from 8.45am
- Pack down from 1:00pm
- Market hours -10:00am - 1:00pm – EXCEPT -10 until 3 on 18 July 2020
$10 for one x 1.8m wide table or two small ones, or one small table and one display rack
Our Declutter, Destash and Jumble Markets are popular and held several times a year. You can have either your crafty stuff or jumble/destash - or both - or even book another table to have more. It's a good opportunity to have a clean out - not just crafty stuff - kitchen, books, clothes etc are all good items to bring and a lot sells if reasonably priced.
Please fill out the form with a short message about what you would like to sell at your stall.
Also please let us know if you are a School, Community Group or Organisation, as we may be able to offer you a free stall.